Effective Date: 12/01/2021
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the types of information that Northstar Chemical, Inc. (“NCI,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects through your use of NCI’s website, https://www.northstarchemical.com/ (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information collected about you through any other means.
This Notice covers:
- What Personal Information is collected by NCI through the Site.
- How NCI uses this Personal Information.
- With whom NCI may share Personal Information.
- What choices are available to you with respect to the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss or misuse of your Personal Information under our control.
By accessing or using the Site, you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. “Personal Information” for purposes of this Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable person.
A. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you may provide us with certain information when you submit forms, request information, upload information or content, or otherwise contact us through the Site. Second, we collect certain information as you use the Site.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you submit forms, upload information or content, or request information through the Site. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We may directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Company name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Zip Code, City
2. Information We Collect from You When You Use the Site
When you use the Site, we collect information about the particular ways in which you use the Site. The following is a summary of the types of information we collect when you use the Site:
We collect information about your activity through the Site. For example, we may collect information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of the Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Site by or through a mobile device, we may further collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to:
- The type of mobile device you use;
- Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device;
- Your mobile operating system;
- The type of mobile Internet browser you use; and
- Unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site or when you access the Site by or through a mobile device.
Data Collected Through the Use of Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which save and recognize your browsing habits. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We may use both Session and Persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third parties
Purpose: Third-party sites use these cookies to track information about traffic to the Site and how users use the Site. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Site.
B. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- developing, providing, and improving the Site and/or NCI’s other products and/or services;
- assisting with the provision of services and fulfillment of any orders or requests for information made through the Site;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our products and services and the Site, as well as our company in general;
- responding to information requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of the Site to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of the Site;
- protecting the security and integrity of the Site;
- complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce this Notice; and
- any other legal, business, or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Notice.
C. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Site with third parties, as described below:
1. Third Parties Who Provide Services or Information Through the Site
We may share your Personal Information with third parties who provide third-party products or services or information through the Site. Such third parties may use the information to fulfill product or service orders, develop and improve their products or services, and contact you about product or service orders, future products or services, or their company in general.
2. Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with our third-party vendors, suppliers, and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Site, performing marketing or consulting services, assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications, and with processing and fulfillment functions. Examples of such third parties include website developers, hosting service providers, and auditors. These third-party service providers may use your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes.
3. Third-Party Analytics Providers
We may share Personal Information with our advertising and analytics partners, such as Google Analytics. The privacy policies of these third-party companies apply to their collection, use, and disclosure of your information. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting studies and/or analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, including how to opt-out, please go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Notice with regard to their use of your Personal Information.
5. Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
6. Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud or to protect our property or other rights, or those of third parties, or the public at large; or
7. Aggregate Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information without restriction.
D. Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice.
We will retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
E. Your Choices
We provide the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also opt-out of our automatically collecting information from you, as described above.
Note that even if you opt-out from receiving communications from us, we reserve the right to send further communications to you for the sole purpose of processing or fulfilling any orders or support requests you made to us prior to opting out.
F. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. NCI has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
G. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please see our California privacy notice, accessible here.
H. Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at email@example.com.
I. Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
The Site is directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Site or provide your information to us, you should be aware that we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there. The privacy laws in the United States may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Notice followed by your submission of information to us through or in connection with the Site represents your agreement to the transfer of your information to the United States.
J. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. If we decide to make a material change to this Notice, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of changes to this Notice will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your Personal Information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
K. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect contact information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
L. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, you can contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: (503) 625-3770
- By mail: 14200 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, OR 97140
Supplemental California Privacy Information Notice
This Supplemental California Privacy Information Notice (the “Supplemental Notice”) applies to the use of https://www.northstarchemical.com/ (the “Site”), provided by Northstar Chemical, Inc., a Washington corporation (“NCI”). When used in this Supplemental Notice, “we,” “us,” and “our” may refer to NCI.
We are required by law to provide California residents with certain additional information about their privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). This Supplemental California Privacy Information Notice (the “Supplemental Notice”) is intended only for California residents.
Using the Site, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, device, or household (“personal information”). The purpose for the collection is set forth in our primary privacy notice for the Site located at www.northstarchemical.com/privacy-notice. We do not collect any additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information using the Site within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||We do not track physical location or movements except to the extent it is possible through IP address tracking.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||No|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories (as set forth above) of personal information for the business purposes of data storage, access, and analysis, call tracking, text messaging, e-mail marketing, and error logging:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data as stated above.
These disclosures have been exclusively to service providers that help to provide the services provided by the Site.
Sales of Personal Information
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting [or selling] that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales (if any), identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Likewise, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech rights, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
California residents can exercise the rights discussed above by submitting a verifiable consumer request to us at either:
- Visiting us at https://www.northstarchemical.com/.
- Calling us toll-free at 1-888-793-9476.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We ordinarily respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. As necessary, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. However, we do not currently provide any financial incentives.
“Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICE, EITHER NOW OR FOR FUTURE BROWSING SESSIONS, REFRAIN FROM USING THE SERVICE. WE DO NOT CURRENTLY RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
California’s “Shine The Light” Disclosure
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. For more information, you may contact us at email@example.com or write us at Northstar Chemical, Inc 14200 SW Tualatin-Sherwood Road, Sherwood, OR 97140.